Destination : Cochin, Kumarakom, Alleppey
"Kumarakom is a popular tourism destination located near the city of Kottayam (16 kilometres (10 mi)), in Kerala, India, famous for its backwater tourism. It is set in the backdrop of the Vembanad Lake which is the largest freshwater lake in the state of Kerala.
Kumarakom is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is a noted bird sanctuary where many species of migratory birds visit. The Vembanad Lake, the largest backwater in Kerala, is habitat for many marine and freshwater fish species and it teems with Karimeen (Pearl spot), shrimp (chemmeen in the local language) and prawns. The bird sanctuary extends over 14 acres (57,000 m²), and came into existence following preservation efforts from the government. It is a major tourist attraction"
Day 1 : Cochin (Port city). On arrival meet, assist and transfer to the hotel. Afternoon a city tour covering Jewish Synagogue, Santa Cruz Basilica, Chinese Fishing nets, Dutch Palace and Antique shops . Overnight at Cochin.
Day 2 : Cochin - Kumarakom (Backwaters). Drive to Kumarakom. By noon check in at the backwater resort in Kumarakom. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight stay at Kumarakom.
Day 3 : Kumarakom –Alleppey. Morning after breakfast proceed to Alleppey. By noon check in at the house boat in Alleppey for a 20 hour house boating through the legendary backwaters of Kerala. On the way you will witness a full range of lifes and activities and some mind boggling sceneries. Overnight in the house boat. House boat is a private boat with fully furnished spacious bath attached bed rooms, hygiene kitchen ,dining area and private front deck to capture the beauty of the back waters.
Day 4 : Alleppey- Cochin: Get down from the houseboat and proceed to Cochin for a bit of shopping. Afternoon proceed to Cochin airport/ railway station for onward journey.
- Hotel Accommodation in above said resorts/ hotels on twin sharing basis.
- Daily breakfast.
- 20 hour boating in a/c houseboat with all meals. (A/c can be used only between 9 pm and 7 am when the houseboat is haulting in case of budget and Deluxe package and A/c can be used full time in case of Luxury package)
- All transfers and site seeing by a/c car.
- Toll, Parking, drivers batta, etc
- All prevailing taxes like Luxury tax in all hotels and Expenditure tax wherever applicable.
- Service Tax as per Govt. rules.
- Any Air/train fares & Personal expenses like telephone, fax, internet, laundry.
- Entry ticket, permit fees, boat/ferry ticket, camera ticket at various places of sight seeing.